Engineering is a broad term that covers a wide range of applications and industries. Combining mathematics, science and technology, engineers produce creative solutions to real world problems. As a result there are many different types of engineering.
Aerospace Engineers design airplanes, satellites, missiles and aircraft. They work for federal government or private companies that specialize in designing and manufacturing equipment capable of travel through air and space.
Biomedical engineering is the study of engineering principles combined with medicine and biology, mostly for healthcare purposes. Biomedical engineers work to close the gap between medicine and engineering – two industries that are massive by themselves, but together solve very complex and important issues.
Civil engineers have skills like planning, designing, operating, inspecting, and managing. Civil engineers have significant liability in their jobs. If their designs go awry, they may put people’s lives in danger. They build structures such as buildings, rail roads, highways, waterways and dams.
Environmental engineering is a fairly new field compared to some of the more historical engineering types, and it is actually considered a subset of civil engineering, combined with environmental sciences. Environmental science mostly consists of the research and study of the atmosphere, ecology (human-animal-interaction with the environment), geology/geosciences (land and water evolution), and chemistry or chemicals within the environment. There are several key specializations within the Environmental Environmental Engineer
1. Environmental Science covers a number of more specific academic areas – biology, physics, soil science, and geography, to name a few of the larger areas. Environmental science is mostly focused on studying and researching, and scientists try to relate numerous factors (physics, biology, chemical) to figure out what is affecting the environment and how severe the impact may be.
2. Environmental Studies focuses more on the social aspects as they relate to the development of the world and relationships. This field is also involved with policy-making and perceptions to help create laws that advance the care of environment.
3. Environmental Engineering combines environmental science and technology with design to work on projects that will improve the quality of life and environmental factors for the world. Environmental engineers take the results of the scientists and those in the environmental studies field, and figure out a solution for any problems.
Computer engineering combines computer science and electronic engineering in order to design computer technology from the very small, such as microprocessors, to the very big, such as supercomputers. There are types of computer engineering:
1. Computer Hardware Engineering.
2. Computer Software Engineering.
3. Computer Networking (Cable and Wireless).
4. Computer Architecture, Processing and Robotics.
5. Computer Security, Cyber security and Cryptography.
6. Computer Engineering Occupations Data Tool.
Robotics engineering is an exciting and challenging field of study with enormous practical benefits for humanity. However most people associate these perceived benefits with a distant future, unaware of just how integrated robotics already are in our day to day lives. With driverless cars currently in development and drones expected to to be used in a delivery capacity in the very near future this is only expected to increase over time as technological advancements bring robotics ever more rapidly into our lives.
When we think of houses and other buildings, we think of structures and this is because there’s a good chance they’ve probably been designed by structural engineers. Structural engineers design and create a wide variety of structures, including house, museums, theaters, stores and more. Using their knowledge of math and science, they also help solve many design and engineering problems, while also assisting architects in their work.
Mechanical engineering is one of the fundamental types of engineering and it is also contains a large quantity of sub-categories, such as heating and cooling, thermodynamics, manufacturing engineering and more. There has always been a need for mechanical engineers, and since there are very innovative solutions coming about in more specialized mechanical engineering fields such as robotics and industrial engineering, we expect mechanical engineering and its sub-categories to be in demand in the future.
Baku Modern School/International
Primary Class Teacher
Topic based on Science